Broccoli Pesto Pasta
Broccoli Pesto Pasta is a easy and healthy vegetarian recipe can be made vegan, and also gluten free by using gluten free pasta. Ready in 20 minutes!
Servings: 4 adults
Ingredients For Pesto:
- 2 Cup broccoli florets
- 1/2 Cup fresh basil leaves
- 6 garlic pods
- 1/4 Cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 Cup walnuts
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 Cup grated Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 400 gram dry spaghetti
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 Cup sun-dried tomato or cherry tomato
Ingredients For Serving:
- 1/4 Cup grated Parmesan cheese
Boil spaghetti al dente or as per your liking. Reserve 1/2 Cup boiled pasta water.
Heat a teaspoon of olive oil in a pan. Add pasta, sun-dried tomato and toss for 10 - 20 seconds. Turn off the heat.
Add broccoli pesto. Toss pasta gently in the pesto sauce. If the consistency seems too thick add reserved boiled pasta water and get the desired consistency.
Serve broccoli pesto pasta warm topped with grated cheese and a toasted slice of bread.
- To make this pasta gluten-free, use gluten-free pasta.
- For vegan pasta use 1 tablespoon of nutritional yeast for a cheesy flavor, but it tastes great either way.
- I don’t recommend freezing pasta, but the pesto sauce will freeze well! Store in an airtight freezer container or freezer bag in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 653kcal | Carbohydrates: 89g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 196mg | Potassium: 897mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 687IU | Vitamin C: 48mg | Calcium: 198mg | Iron: 4mg