Gobi Ki Kheer Recipe
Gobi Ki Kheer is a delicious cauliflower kheer (pudding) recipe. Learn how to make cauliflower kheer in a few simple steps.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time1 hr
Servings: 6 bowl
- 500 gram cauliflower (gobi)
- 1 litre full cream milk
- 1 teaspoon saffron (kesar)
- 2 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1/2 Cup sugar or to taste
Ingredients For Garnish:
- 1 tablespoon almonds (chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon unsalted pistachio (chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon edible rose petals (optional)
How To Prepare Cauliflower (Gobi):
Take the cauliflower and wash it properly. Cut the cauliflower in big chunks.
Heat water in a large saucepan. Add cauliflower chunks, boil for 5 minutes or till the smell of cauliflower wafts away. Drain the water and transfer the cauliflower to a strainer or colander.
Allow cauliflower to cool down a bit. Pat dry with a kitchen towel.
Now grate the cauliflower. Or use a food processor to get fine granules of cauliflower.
How To Make Gobi Ki Kheer:
While preparing cauliflower, simultaneously heat milk in a heavy bottom saucepan.
Add the cardamom powder and stir to combine.
Let the milk come to a boil once and then reduce the heat to low. Allow the milk to simmer over low heat until it reduces to half the original amount.
Now, add the grated cauliflower, sugar and saffron. Stir to combine.
Simmer the kheer on a low heat until cauliflower is nicely cooked and the kheer gets a creamy consistency. Turn off the heat.
Gobi Ki Kheer is best served chilled. So keep in the fridge for 2 - 3 hours.
Garnish gobi ki kheer with chopped almonds, pistachio and rose petals.
★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
- The sliced almonds or any other dry-fruits can be roasted in a tablespoon of ghee before adding in the kheer for an extra flavor.
- If you do not have cardamom powder, use 2 - 3 whole green cardamom and crush them.
Serving: 100Grams | Calories: 109kcal | Carbohydrates: 14.2g | Protein: 3.2g | Fat: 4.6g | Fiber: 0.2g