Aloo Ki Sabzi Recipe
Aloo Ki Sabzi is a delicious gluten-free, vegan potato curry. Best served with poori. Learn how to make Mathura style aloo curry in a few simple steps.
Servings: 4 adults
- 2 - 3 medium size potato
- 4 tablespoon mustard oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds (rai)
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1/4 teaspoon fenugreek seeds (methi dana)
- a pinch of asafoetida
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder (dhaniya powder)
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon kasuri methi (dry fenugreek leaves)
- 1 - 2 green chilli, sliced
Ingredients Grind into Paste:
- 2 medium-size ripe tomato
- 1-inch piece of ginger, peeled and chopped
Prepare Aloo Curry:
Heat mustard oil in a kadhai till it starts smoking. Reduce the heat to low.
Add mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, cumin, and asafoetida. Fry for 1 - 2 seconds.
Next, add the tomato paste and fry till oil separates from the masala.
Add spices, salt, and boiled potato. Stir to combine nicely.
Add approximately 2 cups of water and allow the curry to simmer over low heat till it thickens a bit. At this stage, gently mash the potatoes using the back of the ladle to thicken the curry.
Sprinkle kasuri methi, green chilli, and fresh coriander leaves. Stir nicely.
Serve Mathura Style Aloo Ki Sabzi with piping hot poori.
Serving: 100Grams | Calories: 309kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 152mg | Potassium: 1264mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 661IU | Vitamin C: 43mg | Calcium: 91mg | Iron: 9mg