Pomegranate Mint Raita Recipe
Mint Raita is delicious Indian raita made with fresh mint, coriander, curd, and pomegranate. Learn how to make pudina raita in a few simple steps.
- 2 Cup thick curd or yogurt
- 1 Cup pomegranate
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder (jeera powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon Chaat Masala
Ingredients To Grind:
- 1/4 Cup mint leaves (pudina)
- 1/4 Cup coriander leaves
- 1 - 2 cloves of garlic (optional)
- 2 green chillies
- 2 tablespoon water
Blend together the mint, coriander, garlic, green chilies in a mixer using water, into a chutney-like paste. Transfer the paste to a bowl and set this aside.
In another bowl, whisk the curd using a wire whisk, add 1/4 cup or so of water to get the desired consistency. Whisk the curd well to ensure that no thick lumps remain.
Next, add the salt, sugar, spices in the yogurt, and whisk it all together until well combined.
Then, add the mint paste in the yogurt. Stir gently, to combine. Taste and adjust the seasoning accordingly.
When ready to serve the raita, add the pomegranate pearls and stir to evenly combine.
Serve Mint Raita chilled or at room temperature.
- Make sure the yogurt used for making raita is not sour.
- Whisk the yogurt nicely using either a hand mixer or a wire whisk to get a smooth texture.
- If you like raita thick, skip mixing water in the yogurt.
- Garlic is added to the flavor. Hence, it is a totally personal choice to include it in the recipe.
Calories: 135kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 16mg | Sodium: 140mg | Potassium: 321mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 382IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 168mg | Iron: 1mg