Pomegranate Mint Raita Recipe
Learn how to make special mint raita with the addition of pomegranate. It is a refreshing Indian side dish made with mint leaves and curd.
- 2 Cup thick curd or yogurt
- ¼ cup water
- ½ Cup pomegranate
Ingredients To Grind:
- 1 Cup mint leaves (pudina)
- ¼ Cup coriander leaves
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 green chillies, chopped
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1 tablespoon white granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder (jeera powder)
Blend together the mint, coriander, garlic, green chilies in a mixer using 2 tablespoons of curd, into a chutney-like paste.
In another bowl, whisk the curd using a wire whisk, add ¼ cup of water to get a smooth, spoon-dropping consistency. Make sure curd is smooth and lump free.
Then, add the mint paste to the whisked curd. Stir gently, to combine. Taste and adjust the seasoning accordingly.
Add pomegranate and once again mix the raita. At this stage, you can keep the raita in the refrigerator to chill or serve it at room temperature.
Serve Mint Raita chilled or at room temperature.
- Make sure the curd is not sour.
- Whisk the curd nicely using either a hand mixer or a wire whisk to get a smooth texture.
- If you like raita thick, skip mixing water in the yogurt.
- Garlic is added to the flavor. Hence, it is a totally personal choice to include it in the recipe. You can add chopped onion as well in this mint raita.
Calories: 129kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 16mg | Sodium: 1009mg | Potassium: 344mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 673IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 187mg | Iron: 1mg