Vegan Tofu Stir Fry With Veggies Recipe
This healthy tofu stir fry with veggies is ready in 30 minutes. It is a naturally vegan, vegetarian, and gluten-free stir-fry recipe.
- 200 gram fresh tofu, cut into cubes
- ½ Cup roughly chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped ginger
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon red chilli flakes
- 1 tablespoon chopped celery stalk
- 5 - 6 green beans, cut into half lengthwise
- ½ Cup broccoli florets
- ½ Cup red bell pepper diced
- ½ Cup zucchini cut into cubes
- ½ Cup yellow bell pepper cut into cubes
- 4 tablespoon sesame oil or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar or white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chilli garlic sauce or Sriracha sauce
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- ½ Cup vegetable stock or broth
Ingredients For Garnish:
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoon spring onion greens
Firmly press the tofu with a paper towel to drain all the moisture/water. Make sure tofu is completely dry. Then cut into cubes.
Combine salt, black pepper, half a tablespoon soy sauce, and tofu in a bowl. Mix nicely.
Heat 2 tablespoon oil in a non-stick pan. Fry the tofu cubes till crisp from both sides. Transfer to a plate lined with an oil absorbing paper. Set it aside.
Prepare Stir Fry:
In a Chinese wok heat remaining oil and swirl to coat the wok with oil.
Add ginger, garlic, red chili, celery stalk, and red onion. Stir fry for 10 - 20 seconds to release the aroma of herbs.
Then add veggies one by one and stir-fry on high heat. Cook for 5 -7 minutes, stirring the skillet. When the vegetables have a shining layer and softened a bit, add the sauces and the stock. Stir to combine.
Add the crispy tofu cubes. Mix. Cook the stir-fry for 3 – 5 minutes or till the sauce thickens a bit. When veggies are cooked to your preferred doneness, remove from heat.
If you prefer, add spring onion greens and sesame seeds for garnishing.
Tofu Veggie Stir Fry tastes best with steamed jasmine rice or chilli garlic noodles.
- Make sure tofu is completely dry before frying. Else, it might not turn crispy and stick to the pan.
- Do not cook the vegetables for too long. They will lose the color and crunch.
- To thicken the sauce, you can use cornflour or any other gluten-free thickening agent as well.
- Instead of tofu you can use paneer (cottage cheese), shrimps, boneless chicken, or fish.
Calories: 219kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 591mg | Potassium: 262mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1026IU | Vitamin C: 92mg | Calcium: 87mg | Iron: 1mg