Instant Pot Spaghetti Aglio Olio
Spaghetti Aglio Olio is an easy Italian pasta recipe that requires only 5 ingredients. Learn how to make spaghetti with garlic and olive oil in an instant pot.
Servings: 2 adults
- 200 gram uncooked spaghetti
- 1/4 Cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon fine chopped or sliced garlic
- 1 teaspoon red chilli flakes (or to taste)
- 1/4 Cup roughly chopped parsley
- Salt to taste
- grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 Cup roughly chopped sun-dried tomato
Set IP to Saute mode for 5 minutes. Add olive oil, chili flakes, and garlic. Saute till the aroma of garlic is released. This takes a minute. Stir in between. No need to brown the garlic.
Add 3 cups of water. If you want the pasta to be saucy then add 4 cups of water. Season with salt according to your taste.
Add uncooked spaghetti. Now, let it simmer in the sauce till the end of Saute time. So that the pasta strands soften a bit before closing the IP lid and you don't have to break them into half.
Close the lid of the IP. Set the Pressure Cook mode for 5 minutes. Move the steam valve to the Sealing position.
After 5 minutes, manually release the steam. Open the lid, add parsley, sun-dried tomato, and toss pasta gently. The pasta liquid and oil will emulsify, thickening and coating the spaghetti.
Sprinkle grated parmesan and some more parsley before serving (optional). Enjoy Spaghetti Aglio Olio with focaccia bread.
- You need to really FINE CHOP the garlic.
- Adjust the quantity of red chili flakes as per personal preference.
- Add garlic and pepper flakes together in the olive oil. Let them sizzle and emulsify in the olive oil at the same time.
- Once you add uncooked spaghetti in the inner pot. Let it simmer in saute mode for 1 – 2 minutes. This way pasta will soften a bit and get submerged in water before closing the IP lid. Else, you have to break into half to fit inside the inner pot.
- In case, accidentally you add too much water to cook the pasta, set the saute mode for 10 minutes to reduce the water.
- Add sun-dried tomato and parsley once the pasta is cooked. Toss them gently with the pasta before serving.
- If you skip the cheese, this is a 100% vegan pasta recipe.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 663kcal | Carbohydrates: 86g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 62mg | Potassium: 787mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 1048IU | Vitamin C: 18mg | Calcium: 61mg | Iron: 3mg