Chicken Fried Rice Recipe
Chicken Fried Rice is the most amazing stir-fry rice with colorful vegetables, chicken, and egg. It is one of the easiest gluten-free, one-pot meal. Learn how to make best fried rice in a few simple steps.
- ¼ Cup light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon white vinegar
- 200 gram boneless, skinless chicken pieces (breast or thigh)
- 2 tablespoon refined oil
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoon sesame oil or vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoon garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon celery stalk, finely chopped
- ½ Cup onion, finely chopped (spring onion or white onion)
- 1 teaspoon red chilli flakes
- 1 Cup mix vegetable (bell pepper, beans, carrot)
- 1 tablespoon red chilli paste
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1 ½ teaspoon black pepper powder
- 2 ½ Cup rice, cooked
- ¼ Cup spring onion, finely chopped
Prep Work For Fried Rice:
Chop all the vegetables. Combine soy sauce and vinegar. Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces. Marinate chicken pieces with half of the sauce mix, salt, and black pepper for 15 minutes. Whisk eggs in a bowl with a pinch of salt and pepper. Place all these ingredients next to the cooking stovetop.
Cook Fried Rice:
Heat wok over high heat. Add refined oil. Add whisked egg. Scramble the eggs till cooked. Transfer to a plate.
Add sesame oil to the same wok. Once the oil is hot, add ginger, garlic, and celery. Stir fry over high heat for 1 minute. The aroma of the garlic and ginger will start releasing. No need to brown the garlic.
Add onion and chilli flakes. Stir fry till the onion become slightly translucent.
Add marinated chicken pieces. Stir fry till chicken turns pale white in color and fully cooked.
Add chopped vegetables, remaining sauce, chilli paste, salt, and pepper. Stir fry for 1 minute. Do not cook for too long.
Add cooked rice and mix. Make sure rice, vegetables, and chicken are combined nicely without any lumps. Let the rice sizzle on the hot wok for a minute to get fried. Do not mash the rice while stir-frying.
Add scrambled eggs and spring onion. Mix nicely. If you like the crispy bits of fried rice, let the rice sizzle on the hot wok for 1 - 2 minutes.
Serve chicken fried rice warm.
- The leftover chilled white rice straight out of the fridge is best for making fried rice. Use the best available long to medium-grain rice for stir-frying.
- The tender, boneless chicken breast or thigh is best for any kind of stir-frying. Cut all the chicken pieces into small bite sizes so that they cook easily in no time.
- You can keep the marinated chicken in the refrigerator until required to make fried rice.
- A Chinese wok or the stir-fry pan is the most important accessory for stir-fry cooking.
- Keep the stovetop heat at HIGH while stir-frying the chicken, vegetables, and rice.
- Prep beforehand all the vegetables, herbs, sauce, seasoning, and place them next to your cooking stove while making fried rice.
- Fried Rice is a perfect meal-prep and microwave-friendly meal. You can make a large batch in advance and store it in the fridge for a week
Calories: 445kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 9g | Monounsaturated Fat: 11g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 114mg | Sodium: 1812mg | Potassium: 471mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 2677IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 56mg | Iron: 2mg