Pineapple Fried Rice Recipe
Pineapple Fried Rice is a sweet and spicy Asian-style fried rice packed with the flavor of pineapple. Learn how to make vegetarian and vegan fried rice in a few simple steps.
- 2 Cup cooked white rice
- 1 Cup pineapple, diced
- ⅛ Cup sesame oil or cooking oil
- 2 tablespoon garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon celery stalk, finely chopped
- ½ Cup red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon cashew
- 1 teaspoon red chilli flakes
- ⅓ Cup bell pepper, chopped
- ⅓ Cup green peas
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon red chilli sauce (see recipe)
- 2 tablespoon green onion, chopped
Heat oil in a wok. Add the chopped garlic, ginger, celery, and onion. Stir fry over high heat for 1 minute.
Next, add the cashew and red chili. Quickly stir fry for 20 - 30 seconds. No need to brown the garlic or onion.
Add the vegetables, pineapple cubes, salt, pepper, brown sugar. Stir fry over high heat. Caramelize the pineapple over high heat for 1 - 2 minutes. Next, add light soy sauce, red chili sauce. Mix and fry for 40 - 50 seconds.
Next, add the cooked rice. Stir to combine nicely. Fry over high heat for 1 - 2 minutes for the rice to absorb flavor and become crunchy.
Garnish pineapple fried rice with spring onion greens.
Serve Pineapple Fried Rice warm.
- Make sure that the pineapple is not bitter or too sour in taste. The pineapple with a balanced sweet and sourness is perfect for this recipe.
- You can use the tinned or the canned pineapple as well.
- Any medium or short grain rice is good enough. I perfer leftover cooked rice for making fried rice.
- If you are using freshly cooked rice, let it cool down completely. Spread warm cooked rice on a baking sheet or tray to cool down.
- Substitute red chilli sauce with any other chilli garlic red chilli paste.
- You can add shrimps, shredded chicken, bacon, or even pork to your fried rice. Or you can make fried rice more nourishing by adding greens such as kale, baby spinach, bok choy, or Asian stir fry greens.
Calories: 251kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 266mg | Potassium: 211mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 274IU | Vitamin C: 27mg | Calcium: 36mg | Iron: 1mg