Chaas Recipe - 3 Flavors
I am sharing with you 3 flavors of chaas recipe - masala chaas, mint chaas, and beetroot chaas along with a flavorsome, homemade chaas masala powder recipe.
Ingredients For Chaas Spice Mix:
- 2 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 2 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon whole peppercorns
Ingredients For Masala Chaas:
- 1 Cup curd or yogurt
- 2 Cup water, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon Chaas Masala
- rock salt or black salt to taste
- 5 - 6 ice cubes
Ingredients For Pudina Chaas:
- 1/4 Cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 green chili or to taste
Ingredients For Beetroot Chaas:
- 1 beetroot, diced
- 1 teaspoon chopped ginger
- 5 - 6 curry leaves
Prepare Chaas Masala Powder
Combine all the ingredients and blend. You can use a hand mixer or manual whisk for combining the ingredients. Taste and adjust the seasoning accordingly.
Serve masala chaas chilled or at room temperature. Stir well before serving.
Pudina (Mint) Chaas:
Combine mint leaves, chilli along, 5 - 6 ice cubes with masala chaas. Blend until all the ingredients are combined well. Taste and adjust the seasoning as per personal preference.
Serve pudina chaas immediately.
Remove the skin of the beetroot and cut it into quarters. In a microwave-safe steamer, steam the beetroot for 3 - 4 minutes. Alternatively, you can grill it or steam it on a stovetop as well. I usually prefer grillin on a pan rather than steaming.
Allow the beetroot to cool down completely. Once cooled, roughly chop it.
Combine beetroot, ginger, curry leaves along with masala chaas and blend. If chaas seems too thick add 3 - 4 ice cubes and blend again.
Serve beetroot chaas chilled or at room temperature.
- Make sure curd is not sour in taste for making the buttermilk.
- If required add a teaspoon of Chaat Masala in the buttermilk.
- Do not leave the buttermilk at room temperature or in the open for more than 1 - 2 hours especially in the hot/humid climate.
- A hand mixer is also useful to churn the ingredients for buttermilk.
Calories: 99kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 129mg | Potassium: 373mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 447IU | Vitamin C: 79mg | Calcium: 201mg | Iron: 4mg