Chicken Pasta Salad with Herb Dressing
Chicken Pasta Salad packed with grilled chicken, veggies, and a herb dressing is all your need for the summer picnic, potluck, or backyard BBQ dinner.
Ingredients For Salad:
- 2 Cup dry fusilli pasta
- 1 Cup grilled chicken, boneless and diced (see recipe notes)
- 1 Cup chopped onion
- 1/2 Cup cherry tomato, cut into halves
- 1 Cup diced cucumber
- 1/4 Cup sliced black olives
- 1/2 Cup diced chicken salami
- 1/4 Cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 Cup diced yellow bell pepper
Ingredients For Herb Dressing:
- 1 Cup fresh cilantro or parsley
- 1/4 Cup fresh mint leaves
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/4 Cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 tablespoon plain mayonnaise or Greek Yogurt
Ingredients For Garnish:
- 1 tablespoon roughly chopped parsley
- 1/4 Cup grated parmesan cheese
Boil fusilli pasta in salted water al dente as per packet instructions. Once cooked, drain and transfer in a colander. Rinse with cold water. Set aside.
Chop vegetables, salami, and other ingredients for the salad. Keep in the fridge until required.
Dice the grilled chicken into bite size pieces for the salad (refer recipe notes for grilling chicken from scratch).
Combine boiled pasta, vegetables, salami, chicken, and other ingredients in a salad mixing bowl. Pour herb dressing over the salad. Mix the salad gently to coat evenly with the dressing.
Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving. Garnish with chopped parsley or grated parmesan cheese.
- Boiling Pasta: Boil 6 cups of water with salt. Add dry pasta and cook till pasta is al dente. Once done, transfer to a colander. Rinse with cold water. Let it sit in the colander until required or store in the refrigerator.
- Grilling Chicken: Take boneless chicken breasts or thighs. Clean, wash and pat dry them. Using a meat pounder, pound them to an even thickness. Marinate chicken breast with olive oil, crushed garlic, fresh thyme, salt, pepper, and chili flakes. Rub the herbs and spices all over the chicken breast. Keep in the fridge until ready to grill. For grilling, bring the marinated chicken to room temperature. Heat a pan over a high flame. Do not put any oil. Place the chicken breast on the hot pan. Reduce the heat to medium. Cook chicken approximately 5 minutes on both sides.
- Herb Dressing: You can use a combination of different herbs like basil, parsley, coriander, or dill to make this dressing.
- Storing Salad: This salad is not freezer friendly. Store it in the refrigerator for 1 - 2 days.
Calories: 418kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 42mg | Sodium: 509mg | Potassium: 442mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 932IU | Vitamin C: 41mg | Calcium: 45mg | Iron: 2mg