Sheer Khurma Recipe | Seviyan Kheer
Sheer Khurma or seviyan kheer is a traditional Indian dessert prepared on the auspicious occasion of Eid. It is rich, indulgent and yet so simple to prepare.
Servings: 4 adults
- 1 litre full cream milk
- 200 gram seviyan
- 2 tablespoon ghee (clarified butter)
- 1/4 Cup sugar or as per taste
- a pinch of saffron dissolved in 2 tbsp milk
- 4 - 5 khajur (dates), chopped
- 1 teaspoon cardamom powder
Ingredients For Garnish:
- 1 teaspoon sliced almonds
- 1 teaspoon sliced pistachio
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rose petals
Roast the seviyan in a tablespoon of ghee till golden and keep aside.
In the same pan heat remaining ghee and roast the sliced dry fruits. Fry them for 10 seconds. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
Heat milk in a heavy-bottomed saucepan along with the cardamom powder and chopped dates. Let it come to a boil, reduce the flame and simmer stirring frequently.
Once the milk is reduced to almost half the original amount add sugar, soaked saffron and roasted seviyan. Stir to combine.
Allow the kheer to simmer till the seviyan is nicely cooked and the milk thickens. Add half of the roasted nuts and stir to combine. Turn off the heat.
Just before serving garnish sheer khurma with remaining roasted dry fruit and rose petals.
Serve Shee Khurma warm/chilled as per liking.
- The authentic sheer korma is prepared with long, hair-thin nylon vermicelli available at conventional grocery stores or the local supermarkets.
- You can use the pre-roasted vermicelli as well to make this kheer. It is easily available at most grocery stores.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 354kcal | Carbohydrates: 62g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 19mg | Sodium: 4mg | Potassium: 215mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 24g | Calcium: 19mg | Iron: 1mg