Homemade Chewy Granola Bar Recipe
This is an easy, soft, chewy granola bar recipe. They are the perfect, gluten-free back to school snack packed with oats, and peanut butter. Learn how to make chewy granola bar in a few simple steps.
Servings: 6 bars
- 1 ¼ Cup instant oats
- 1 Cup chopped almonds
- ⅓ Cup dried cranberry
- ⅓ Cup dark chocolate chips
- ½ Cup creamy peanut butter
- ⅓ Cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
Grease and line with parchment paper a 9 x 13 inch (23 x 33 cm) baking pan. Set aside. Preheat oven at 180 degrees Celcius for 10 minutes.
In a large bowl mix together all the dry ingredients - oats, almonds, cranberry, chocolate chips, and cinnamon powder. Set aside.
Transfer honey and peanut butter to a saucepan. Mix nicely. Heat for 20 - 30 seconds stirring continuously to make a smooth liquid. Do not heat or cook for too long. Turn off the heat. Remove the saucepan from the stovetop.
Add vanilla extract and whisk to combine. The peanut butter mixture should be of spoon dropping consistency.
Pour over the oat mixture. With a large spoon or spatula, stir the mixture, making sure all the dry ingredients are completely coated with the peanut butter liquid.
Transfer the granola into the greased baking pan. Using fingers/back of a glass/bowl lightly press the granola into an even layer.
Bake for about 18 – 20 minutes, or until set in the middle rack of the oven. Remove from the oven and let cool for about 2 - 3 hours before cutting into bars.
Store granola bars in a clean airtight container at room temperature or in the fridge.
- I have used gluten-free whole oats for making granola bars.
- In case you are allergic to almonds, use hazelnuts, pistachio, or any other nuts.
- Feel free to use dried blueberries, figs, apricot, or golden raisins.
- Any good quality, creamy nut butter will do the job. I love the flavor of peanut butter, hence used it.
- If the nut butter you are using is of a liquid consistency, skip adding honey.
- For making vegan chewy granola bars, use stevia, molasses, or liquid brown sugar instead of honey.
Calories: 478kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 112mg | Potassium: 586mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 22g | Calcium: 128mg | Iron: 3mg