Gluten Free Lentil Salad Recipe
Lentil Salad is a wholesome, nutritious, gluten-free salad perfect for the summer season. Learn how to make mung bean salad in a few simple steps.
Servings: 2 adults
- 1 Cup green lentil (mung bean)
- 1/2 Cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 Cup finely chopped tomato (deseeded)
- 1/2 Cup finely diced cucumber
- 1/4 Cup sliced olives
- 1/4 Cup ponegranate
- 1/4 Cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 Cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1/4 Cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 Cup extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 tablespoon crushed or minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Wash and soak the green moong lentils in enough water for 30 minutes.
In a saucepan, bring 4 cups of water to boil. Season with salt to taste. Add soaked lentils, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until al dente, about 15 minutes. Lentil should not over cook or turn mushy.
Drain boiled lentils in a metal colander and allow them to cool completely
Combine chopped vegetables in a bowl. Add boiled lentil, chopped parsley, and walnuts.
Pour dressing over the salad. Toss the salad gently in the dressing. Sprinkle feta cheese before serving.
Serve lentil salad with toasted bread slice.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 733kcal | Carbohydrates: 80g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 35g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 17mg | Sodium: 526mg | Potassium: 1593mg | Fiber: 20g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 1206IU | Vitamin C: 28mg | Calcium: 265mg | Iron: 8mg