Matar Mushroom Masala Recipe
This is a quick, easy, and oh-so-comforting Matar Mushroom Masala Recipe. Serve it with naan or jeera rice, either way, it tastes delicious.
Servings: 4 adults
- 250 gram button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon ginger & garlic paste
- 1/2 Cup canned tomato or tomato puree
- 1/2 Cup green peas (fresh or frozen)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1/4 Cup fresh cream
- 1 teaspoon garam masala (see recipe)
- 1 tablespoon kasuri methi (dried fenugreek leaves)
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander leaves
Wash, clean, and chop the mushrooms. Set aside.
Use food processor to grind the tomatoes into a chunky paste. Skip this step if you are using canned tomatoes.
Add oil in inner pot of instant pot. Set Saute mode for 5 minutes.
Heat oil followed by bay leaf and chopped onion. Saute till the onions turn light brown in colour.
Add the ginger-garlic paste, mix well, and cook for a minute. Add the tomato, salt, and spices. Saute the masala till it starts leaving the sides of the pot. Stir at regular intervals for even cooking.
Add mushroom, 1/4 cup water, and stir to combine in the masala. Close the lid of the instant pot. Set Pressure Cook mode for 5 minutes at normal pressure. Set the steam valve to Sealing position.
After 5 minutes, set the steam valve to the Venting position. Open the lid of the instant pot. Add green peas, garam masala, cream, and Kasuri methi. Stir to cook for a minute to soften the peas.
Garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
Serve Matar Mushroom Masala garnished with naan or jeera rice.
- Vegan Option: To make vegan mushroom masala, use cashew cream or coconut milk instead of cream.
- Adjust the amount of red chili or spiciness according to your taste.
- If you are using fresh peas, add them with the mushrooms so that they cook timely.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 176kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 20mg | Sodium: 61mg | Potassium: 424mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 571IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 34mg | Iron: 1mg