Corn Salsa Recipe
Corn Salsa is a 15 - minute delicious, vegan, gluten-free corn salad recipe. Learn how to make corn salsa at home in a few simple steps.
- 2 Cup corn kernels (fresh)
- ½ Cup finely chopped onion
- ½ Cup finely chopped cucumber
- ½ Cup finely chopped red bell pepper or tomato
- 1 green chili (deseeded and chopped)
- Salt to taste
- Juice of one lemon
- ½ teaspoon red chili flakes
- ¼ Cup finely chopped coriander
- ¼ Cup extra virgin olive oil
If you are using fresh and raw corn kernels boil them for 3 - 5 minutes in the salted water.
Strain in a colander and allow to cool down completely at room temperature.
Chop all the vegetables and herbs for the salsa. Set aside.
In a mixing bowl combine the corn kernels, and vegetables.
Add lemon juice, salt, red chili flakes, olive oil, and fresh coriander. Mix nicely, taste and adjust the seasoning accordingly.
Keep salsa in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before serving for the flavors to develop.
Serve Corn Salsa with nachos or as a BBQ side-dish.
- You can either grill or boil corn kernels for this salsa recipe.
- If you are planning to use frozen or tinned corn kernels for this salsa recipe then no need to cook them. Rinse nicely with water to get rid of starch and preserving juices.
- Adjust the number of chilies according to personal taste preference.
Calories: 204kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 197mg | Potassium: 204mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 762IU | Vitamin C: 29mg | Calcium: 8mg | Iron: 1mg