Chinese Bhel Recipe
Chinese Bhel is a spicy, flavorsome Indo-Chinese flavor crispy noodle chaat. Learn how to make crispy noodle chaat in a few simple steps.
Deep Frying Pan
Salad Mixing Bowl
Ingredients For Fried Noodles:
- 150 gram dry Hakka noodles
- Salt to taste
- 4 Cup refined oil (or any flavourless oil)
- 6 Cup Water to boil noodles
Ingredients For Chinese Bhel:
- 1 Cup onion, fine chopped
- 1 Cup capsicum diced
- 1 Cup shredded cabbage (optional)
- 1 Cup carrot thinly sliced
- ¼ Cup chopped coriander
- ¼ Cup spring onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon sweet chilli sauce (see recipe)
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon tomato ketchup
- Salt and black pepper to taste
How To Make Fried Noodles:
Boil the noodles in hot water as per packet instructions. Add salt in water while boiling noodles. Drain water from the boiled noodles and wash it under cold water to prevent more cooking.
Heat oil for deep-frying pan over high heat.
Once the oil is preheated deep fry the boiled noodles in small batches till they turn crispy. Each batch takes 10 -15 minutes to get golden and crisp. Keep turning the noodles using tongs at regular intervals.
Transfer fried noodles to a plate lined with paper towel and set aside. Similarly, fry all the noodles in small batches.
Let the noodles sit on an oil absorbing paper for 10 - 15 minutes.
How To Make Chinese Bhel:
Gently crush the noodles to get the bite size pieces. Into a large bowl stir in all the chopped vegetables, sauces, and the fried noodles.
Combine all the ingredients together. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
Serve Chinese Bhel immediately.
- If you don't want to use fried noodles immediately, allow them to cool down and store in an airtight box at room temperature for 2 - 3 days.
- After combining sauces, vegetables and fried noodles, serve Chaat immediately else noodles lose their crunchiness and turn soggy.
Calories: 2158kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 225g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Trans Fat: 1g | Sodium: 263mg | Potassium: 285mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 5638IU | Vitamin C: 43mg | Calcium: 36mg | Iron: 1mg