Apple Muffin Recipe With Oats
This is a quick one-bowl apple muffin recipe with oats that requires only 30 minutes. Learn how to make the moist apple muffin at home.
Servings: 8 muffins
- 1 ⅓ Cup All-Purpose Flour (Maida)
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Powder
- A Pinch of Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon Powder
- ½ Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Cup Grated Apple
- 2 Eggs, at room temperature
- ½ Cup Olive Oil
- ½ Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
Ingredients For Streusel Topping:
- ½ Cup Rolled Oats
- 2 Tablespoon Brown Sugar
- ¼ Cup Cold Butter
Combine oats with cold, diced butter and brown sugar. Use your fingers to gently combine the ingredients. The streusel topping should be like a crumbly, chunky mixture. Keep it in the fridge while preparing the batter.
Prepare Muffin Batter
Preheat oven at 180-degree celsius. Line muffin tray with paper liners. Grease paper liners with little oil or use a non-stick oil spray.
To prepare apple muffins, in a mixing bowl combine eggs, olive oil, grated apple, vanilla, and sugar. Whisk for 5 - 6 minutes.
Next, add flour, baking powder, soda, salt, cinnamon powder and combine using a spatula. Make sure no streaks of flour remain in the batter.
Pour equal amount of batter in each muffin cup. Fill each muffin cup ¾ with the batter.
Sprinkle a tablespoon of oats topping on each muffin.
Bake in the preheated oven for 20 - 25 minutes. Turn off the oven. Insert a toothpick inside the muffin and check for doneness. Transfer muffins over a wire rack to cool down a bit.
Serve Apple Muffins warm or store in the fridge in an airtight container for 10 - 15 days.
- The batter is a little bit lumpy and on a thick side, but that’s the key to soft, moist apple muffins.
- Do not overmix the muffin batter. Mix the batter until the ingredients are well combined, moistened, and no streaks of flour remain.
- Try to use apples with little sweetness in them and less tartness like the golden delicious or honey crisp.
- Always adjust the amount of sugar according to the sweetness of the apples.
- Stick to brown sugar only as it helps in giving the required moistness to the muffins.
- Lastly, do not leave the muffins in the oven for too long. Usually, apple muffins don’t take more than 20 minutes to bake. So check muffins with a toothpick and adjust the baking time accordingly.
Calories: 354kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 56mg | Sodium: 141mg | Potassium: 116mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 245IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 41mg | Iron: 2mg