Classic Minestrone Soup Recipe
This 30-minute classic Italian vegetable pasta soup is guaranteed to warm your soul and get your taste buds dancing.
Servings: 4 adults
- 1 Cup dry elbow pasta
- 4 Tablespoon olive oil or butter
- 1 Tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 Tablespoon chopped celery stalk
- 1 Whole bay leaf
- 1/4 Cup chopped onion
- 1/4 Cup chopped zucchini
- 1/4 Cup chopped carrot
- 1/4 Cup canned or pre-cooked red beans
- 6 - 8 cherry tomato
- 1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoon tomato pasta/pizza sauce (get recipe)
- 6 Cup vegetable stock or pasta water boiled
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Ingredients to Garnish
- 2 Tablespoon chopped fresh basil or parsley
- 2 Tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
Heat olive oil in a heavy bottom saucepan. Add bay leaf, garlic, celery, and onion. Saute for a minute to release the aroma of the ingredients. No need to brown the onion or garlic.
Next add the red wine vinegar and stir nicely to glaze the pan.
Add tomato sauce and stir to combine. Cook for 10 - 20 seconds.
Add all the vegetables, beans, salt and saute for a minute. Add the warm pasta water or the vegetable stock. Stir to mix. Cover and cook the soup for 5 - 10 minutes over low heat or until vegetables are tender.
After 10 minutes, add the boiled pasta and mix nicely. Simmer the soup for the next 2 - 3 minutes for the pasta to absorb the flavorsome liquid. Turn off the heat
Add fresh herbs, and grated cheese. Ladle the soup into the serving bowls.
Serve Minestrone Soup warm with the slices of toasted bread.
Can I Make Pasta Soup In Instant Pot?
Yes you can make this soup in an instant pot. Follow detailed recipe instructions shared in the post above. This soup takes 10 minutes to get ready in an instat pot.
- For soup, always cook the pasta al-dente.
- Try to use pre-cooked or canned beans to make this soup. Uncooked beans will increase the cooking time of the soup. And by the time beans are cooked, other vegetables in the soup will turn mushy. Hence, best to use softer beans or pre-cooked ones.
- Feel free to use red beans, white beans, cannellini beans or any other kind of beans.
- You can use cherry tomato or 1 Cup chopped tomato.
- After adding the pasta do not simmer the soup for too long. Else, pasta might turn mushy.
- Pasta has tendency to absorb liquid. Hence, after adding pasta if required add more stock to get the desired consistency of the soup.
- If you skip adding cheese in the last, this is a 100% vegan soup. Or if we use gluten-free pasta, this soup turns into a gluten-free dish.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 317kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 1535mg | Potassium: 332mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 2534IU | Vitamin C: 17mg | Calcium: 51mg | Iron: 1mg