Eggless Chocolate Cake Recipe
We have for you the best eggless chocolate cake recipe that is tried and tested. Learn how to make a chocolate cake in a few simple steps.
Servings: 9 inch cake
1 Cup = 250 ml, 1 teaspoon = 5 ml
- 2 ⅓ Cup all purpose flour (maida)
- ¾ Cup cocoa powder, dark and unsweetened
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ½ Cup white granulated sugar
- ½ Cup (113 gram) butter, softened
- ½ Cup yogurt or curd (dahi)
- ½ Cup olive oil
- 1 ½ Cup buttermilk (see recipe note)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
Ingredients For Chocolate Ganache
- 1 Cup dark chocolate, chopped
- ½ Cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon butter, softened
Combine Wet Ingredients:
Whisk butter and sugar together until creamy. Use an electric hand blender with a whisk attachment or a stand mixer for the purpose. Now add yogurt and whisk the batter for 1 - 2 minutes at medium speed. Add the oil and vanilla essence. Continue whisking the batter for 5 minutes.
Heat cream in a non-stick pan till it comes to a boil. Add butter and mix. Pour this hot liquid over the chopped chocolate and mix until a thick, smooth chocolate ganache is formed.
Spread this frosting over the cake. Add chopped strawberries and chocolate curls. Serve eggless chocolate cake with vanilla ice-cream.
- To make buttermilk, combine 1 ½ cup milk at room temperature with 1 teaspoon white vinegar in the milk. Mix nicely. Set aside until required.
- Make sure all the ingredients are at room temperature before making the cake batter.
- Do not mix the cake batter for too long as it will harden the cake.
- Allow the cake to cool down a bit before covering it with chocolate ganache.
- Do not leave the chocolate ganache unattended for a long time or it will become hard.
Calories: 664kcal | Carbohydrates: 74g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 39g | Saturated Fat: 18g | Cholesterol: 54mg | Sodium: 219mg | Potassium: 390mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 41g | Vitamin A: 624IU | Calcium: 112mg | Iron: 5mg