Corn Chaat Recipe
Corn Chaat is a vegetarian Indian snack. Learn how to make truly delicious sweet corn chaat in a few simple steps.
- 2 Cup sweet corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 inch piece of ginger
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- ½ Cup onion, finely chopped
- ½ Cup tomato, fine chopped
- 1 tablespoon green chili, finely chopped
- ¼ Cup green onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon fresh coriander, chopped
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder (jeera powder)
- 1 teaspoon Chaat Masala
- ½ teaspoon black pepper powder
- Salt to taste
Boil water in a saucepan along with ginger, garlic, black peppercorns, bay leaf, and salt. Once the water starts boiling add corn kernels. Boil them for 3 – 5 minutes or till they are tender and cooked.
If you are using whole corn cob, then you can boil the cob in seasoned water and later scrape the kernels from the cob for making the chaat.
Next, transfer boiled corn kernels to a colander. Drain all the water. Add butter to the warm corn and mix nicely. Set it aside.
Combine sweet corn kernels, chopped onion, garlic, green chili, green onion spices, salt, lemon juice, and fresh coriander. Mix nicely. Taste and if required add more salt.
Corn Chaat is ready to serve.
- If you are using whole corn cob, then you can boil the cob in seasoned water and later scrape the kernels from the cob for making the chaat.
- If you are using frozen corn kernels, thaw them before boiling them in water.
- After adding butter do not keep corn in the refrigerator else the butter will solidify.
- Adjust the quantity of spices and green chili according to personal taste preference.
Calories: 257kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 0.2g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 1215mg | Potassium: 636mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 1371IU | Vitamin C: 27mg | Calcium: 61mg | Iron: 2mg