Crispy Baby Corn Recipe
Crispy Baby Corn is a vegetarian Indian-Chinese snack. Learn how to make restaurant style chilli baby corn in a few simple steps.
Ingredients For Chili Sauce:
- 1/4 Cup sesame oil
- 2 Tablespoon garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon red chilli flakes
- 1 Tablespoon red chili paste or red chili sauce
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 Teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 Teaspoon vinegar
- Salt to taste
Ingredients For Crispy Baby Corn:
- 250 gram Baby Corn
- 1 Cup all purpose flour (maida)
- 1/4 Cup rice flour (chawal ka atta)
- Salt & Pepper
- 1/2 Cup water, chilled or ice cold
- 2 Cup vegetable oil, for deep frying
- 1 tablespoon spring onion greens
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds (white til)
Prepare Chili Garlic Sauce
Heat oil in a frying pan. Add garlic and chili flakes. Fry for 30 - 40 seconds to infuse the flavor into the oil.
Add remaining ingredients and stir the sauce continuously. Keep the gas flame between medium - high. Do not cook the sauce for too long. Turn off the heat. Keep the sauce aside.
Prepare Crispy Baby Corn
Combine flour, salt, pepper, and cold water. Whisk to make a smooth, lump free batter of thick, sticky consistency. The batter should not be too thin or runny.
Add baby corn into the batter and coat each piece with the batter.
Deep fry baby corn till they are crisp and golden. Do not rush this process else baby corn will turn out soggy and less crisp. Transfer golden fried baby corn to a colander.
Pour chili garlic sauce over the baby corn. Sprinkle spring onion and sesame seeds.
Enjoy crispy chilli baby corn.
- I have skipped adding salt in the sauce because the chili paste and soy sauce are both containing salt. Hence, I recommend taste and add salt cautiously.
- Using cold water to make the batter really gives a crunchy texture to the baby corn.
- If rice flour is not available, use corn starch (corn flour) or tempura flour.
- For deep frying, you can use refined oil or vegetable oil.
Calories: 1303kcal | Carbohydrates: 52g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 124g | Saturated Fat: 91g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 8g | Monounsaturated Fat: 18g | Sodium: 163mg | Potassium: 240mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 758IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 25mg | Iron: 2mg