Crispy Noodle Salad Recipe
Crispy Noodle Salad is the Asian style coleslaw with crunchy noodles, colorful vegetables, and chicken. Learn how to make Chinese chicken salad at home in a few simple steps.
Ingredients For Salad:
- 1 Cup crispy fried noodles (see recipe note 1)
- 1 Cup shredded chicken (see recipe note 2)
- ½ Cup finely shredded purple cabbage
- ½ Cup finely shredded cabbage
- ½ Cup finely julienned carrot
- ½ Cup red/yellow julienned bell peppers
- ½ Cup finely julienned capsicum
- ¼ Cup chopped cilantro or parlsey or spring onion
Ingredients For Dressing:
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil or virgin olive oil
- Juice of one lemon
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon crushed or finely chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon red chilli flakes
- ½ teaspoon crushed black pepper or to taste
Combine all the vegetables in a salad mixing bowl.
Pour dressing over the salad. Add shredded chicken, crispy noodles, and mix nicely to coat the vegetables with the dressing.
Serve crispy noodle salad immediately else fried noodles will turn soggy. Or add crispy noodles just before serving.
Recipe Note 1: Use readymade fried noodle packets easily available in Asian supermarkets or grocery stores at a very reasonable price. If you are in a place like me, where you don’t get readymade fried noodles, make them at home. Follow my detailed fried noodle recipe steps shared in the post above.
Recipe Note 2: From the shredded grilled chicken, rotisserie chicken, to leftover barbecue chicken or stir fry Asian chicken, you can use any of these in this crispy noodle salad. If none of these available, then follow my method shared above with images to quickly stir fry chicken for the salad.
Prep Work: Cut the vegetables especially cabbages and store them in an airtight container for a week. They do not lose their crunch or texture. The peanut butter salad dressing also can be whipped up in advance and store in the fridge. Shake it well before using for the flavors to combine nicely. The shredded chicken and crispy noodles can be easily done in advance during your weekly meal prep.
Calories: 224kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 26mg | Sodium: 417mg | Potassium: 304mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 3679IU | Vitamin C: 50mg | Calcium: 18mg | Iron: 2mg