Instant Pot Lentil Stew
Lentil Stew is a vegan, gluten-free one-pot stew made with brown lentils and vegetables. Learn how to make instant pot stew in a few simple steps.
Servings: 2 adults
- 1 Cup dry brown lentil (sabut masoor dal)
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 Cup chopped onion
- 1/2 Cup chopped carrot
- 1/2 Cup green peas (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 Cup chopped potato
- 2 - 3 sprig of thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 Cup warm vegetable stock
Wash, and soak the dry lentil in 1 cup of water for 10 - 15 minutes or till you chop vegetables for the stew.
Set IP to saute mode for 5 minutes.
Add oil, garlic, thyme, and onion in the inner pot. Saute for a minute to release the aroma.
Next, add vegetables and saute for 1 - 2 minutes.
Drain water from the soaked lentil. Add lentil to the inner pot of IP. Add salt and pepper. Saute for the remaining set time.
Add warm vegetable stock. Stir to combine. Close the lid of the IP. Set the pressure cook mode for 5 minutes. Move the steam valve to the sealing position.
After the IP beeps, release the steam manually. Open the lid, gently mash the lentils using the back of the ladle. Taste the stew, if required add more salt or pepper.
Serve lentil stew warm with bread.
- I have used dry, uncooked lentils for making the stew. If you are using canned lentils make sure to drain all the liquid and rinse them with before before adding in the stew.
- If vegetable stock if not available use 1 stock cube and dissolve it in 4 cups of hot water. Or you can use boiled pasta water to flavor the stew.
Serving: 1portion | Calories: 594kcal | Carbohydrates: 87g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 1916mg | Potassium: 1387mg | Fiber: 34g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 6781IU | Vitamin C: 39mg | Calcium: 106mg | Iron: 9mg