Crispy Corn Recipe
Crispy Corn is one of the perfectly delicious party snacks. Find how to make BBQ Nation style crispy corn at home in a few simple steps.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time40 mins
Servings: 4 bowls
- 2 Cup sweet corn kernels (frozen/fresh)
- 1/4 Cup + 2 tablespoon corn flour (corn starch)
- 2 tablespoon all-purpose flour (maida)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper powder (kali mirch)
- oil to deep-fry
- 2 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped ginger
- 1 medium-size onion, fine chopped
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder or to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
- 1 tablespoon chopped spring onion greens
Boil approximately 6 cups of water in a saucepan.
Add sweet corn and cook for 5 minutes or till bit soft. Transfer to a metal colander. Drain all the water. Allow corn kernels to get dry and cool down a bit.
In a mixing bowl, combine boiled corn, all-purpose flour, 1/4 cup corn flour, salt, and pepper. Mix using your fingers.
While mixing, gently squeeze corn kernels to remove excess liquid.
Add remaining 2 tablespoons of corn flour and mix once again to coat corn kernels with flour. Keep in the fridge while the oil is preheated.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a deep-frying pan. Deep-fry the corn kernels in small batches until crisp and golden. Cover the pan with the lid while deep-frying if the corn starts popping.
Once corn kernels turn crunchy, transfer to a sieve and not plate.
Next, heat 2 tablespoon oil in a stir-fry pan.
Add ginger, garlic, and finely chopped onion. Stir-fry for 2 - 3 minutes.
Add the fried corn, red chili flakes, salt, pepper, and coriander. Mix nicely. Turn off the heat.
Garnish with spring onion greens.
Serve crispy corn immediately for the evening snack.
★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
- Make sure that corn kernels are completely dry before combing with the flour mixture.
- Be cautious while frying the corn kernels. Stay away from the gas stove as they might pop. It is best to keep a lid nearby. If required, cover the pan with the lid.
- After deep frying, do not cook the corn the corn kernels for a long time. Else, they will become soft.