Punjabi Arbi Masala Recipe
Punjabi Arbi Masala is a simple and delicious gluten-free Indian side dish. Serve it with dal fry, boondi raita and chapati for a wholesome lunch. Learn how to make Punjabi arbi masala recipe in few simple steps.
- 250 gram small-size arbi (colcassia roots)
- 1 large-size onion fine chopped
- 1 small-size tomato fine chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger - garlic paste
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon mango powder (amchur)
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon Garam Masala Powder see recipe here
- 4 tablespoon Mustard oil to fry the arbi
- Fresh coriander leaves to garnish
Peel and cut the colocasia roots (arbi) in equal size thin strips.
Sprinkle a teaspoon of turmeric and a pinch of salt over the arbi. Mix well.
Heat mustard oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
Shallow fry arbi till light brown in colour and crisp from outside. Drain on absorbent paper.
In the same pan heat a teaspoon of mustard oil over medium heat.
Add onions and cook further till onions become translucent.
Add tomatoes, cook till the tomatoes turn soft and the mixture comes together.
Add spices and salt, mix well and cook for two to three minutes.
Add the fried arbi and mix well. Stir to combine.
Cover the pan with a lid and cook arbi for 2 - 3 minutes. Turn off the heat.
Serve Punjabi Arbi Masala warm garnished with coriander leaves.
Calories: 98kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 18mg | Potassium: 505mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 452IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 40mg | Iron: 1mg