Whole Wheat Coffee Cake Recipe
Whole Wheat Coffee and Chocolate Cake is a simple and healthy cake recipe prepared with whole wheat flour.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time40 mins
Total Time1 hr
Servings: 9 inch loaf cake
- 2 Cups of whole wheat flour atta
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 100 gram unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 Cup granulated white sugar
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 2 tablespoon instant coffee powder steeped in 2 tablespoon of warm milk
- 150 ml buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon pure coffee extract
- 100 gram dark chocolate chopped
Preheat the oven to 170C. Line the sides and base of a 7″ loaf pan with parchment paper.
Sift flour with baking powder, baking soda and salt. Keep aside.
Combine instant coffee powder in milk. Stir and set aside.
Cream the butter and sugar in a large bowl.
Beat in eggs one at a time, followed by the coffee extract & steeped coffee.
With hand blender on low speed add the flour and buttermilk alternately in three batches.
Gently combine the batter using a spatula so that no lumps remain.
Pour the batter in the prepared pan. Add chopped chocolate chunks over the batter.
Bake for 40 – 45 minutes till golden brown on top, and the tester comes out clean.
Overturn the cake gently on a wire rack, and remove the lining. Turn it back.
Let the cake cool for about few minutes.
Serve Whole Wheat Coffee Cake with a dollop of fresh cream.