Shrimp Mango Avocado Salad Recipe
Mango Avocado Salad is a perfect summer salad loaded with spicy, flavorsome grilled shrimps. The combination of mango and avocado in a salad is a match made in heaven. Learn how to make mango shrimp salad in a few simple steps.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time25 mins
Servings: 4 people
Ingredients For Grilled Shrimps:
- 500 gram shrimps/prawns, cleaned and washed
- 1 teaspoon red paprika
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning mix
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
Ingredients For Salad:
- 1 Cup ripe mango pulp diced
- 1 Cup ripe avocado diced
- 1 Cup red bell pepper diced
- 1/2 Cup onion diced
- 1 green chilli sliced
Ingredients For Dressing:
- 1/4 Cup ripe mango pulp
- 1/4 Cup fresh coriander leaves
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 red chilli
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 Cup extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
Marinate and Grill Shrimps:
Clean, wash and pat dry the shrimps. Combine shrimps with paprika, taco seasoning and salt. Mix nicely and marinate for 10 minutes. Heat a grill pan. Drizzle olive oil and grill the marinated shrimps until cooked from both the sides. This takes 5 - 10 minutes only. Keep shrimps aside to cool down a bit.
Assemble the salad:
Combine mango, avocado, bell pepper, onion and shrimps in a bowl. Pour the dressing and toss gently. Sprinkle chopped coriander leaves. Serve mango avocado salad immediately.
- For preparing the dressing food processor is the right choice instead of a mixer. Blending the dressing ingredients in a mixer might result in a smoothie like paste with no texture.
- Or you can blend mango pulp in a mixer and later add chopped coriander, chilli and garlic to it. And get the right consistency using extra virgin olive oil.
Serving: 100g | Calories: 342kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 18g | Fiber: 6g