Honey Chilli Potato
Honey Chili Potato is Indian Chinese-style fried potato fingers glazed with a sweet and spicy sauce. Learn how to make crispy honey chilli potato in a few simple steps
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Cooling Time5 mins
Servings: 4 adults
Ingredients For Crispy Potato:
- 500 gram potato, peeled
- 1/4 Cup rice flour (chawal ka atta)
- 2 tablespoon all-purpose flour (maida)
- 2 tablespoon corn flour (corn starch)
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon black pepper powder (kali mirch)
- oil for deep-frying
Ingredients For Honey Chilli Sauce:
- 2 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 tablespoon fine chopped ginger & garlic
- 1 green chilli, fine chopped
- 1/4 Cup fine chopped onion
- 1/4 Cup fine chopped capsicum
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon red chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon corn flour
- 1 tablespoon honey
Ingredients For Garnish:
- 1 teaspoon white sesame seeds (til)
- 1 teaspoon red chilli flakes
- 1 tablespoon fine chopped spring onion greens
How To Make Crispy Potato:
Peel, wash and cut the potato into equal size wedges or fingers.
Soak potato wedges in ice-cold water for 10 minutes to remove starch.
Boil water in a saucepan with a pinch of salt. Add potato wedges and boil for 10 minutes or till al-dente.
Transfer to a plate lined with towel. Allow to cool down completely.
In a mixing bowl, combine boiled potato wedges, flour, salt and pepper. Mix nicely to coat each potato slice with flour mixture. Do not use any water.
Heat oil for deep-frying over high heat. Fry the potato wedges in small batches till crisp. If required, double-fry the potato wedges for extra crisp texture. Transfer to a metal colander and set aside.
How To Make Honey Chilli Sauce:
Heat oil in a stir fry pan. Add ginger, garlic and green chilli. Fry over high heat for a minute.
Next, add onion and stir fry for a minute. Add capsicum, sauces, salt and stir fry for 2 - 3 minutes.
Combine corn flour with 1/4 cup of water and make a liquid paste. Add this paste to the sauce and stir to combine.
Once sauce starts thickening, add the fried potato wedges, white sesame seeds, spring onion, red chilli flakes and honey. Mix nicely.
Serve honey chilli potato immediately.
- Set aside till all the batches of fries are done. Let them cool down for a bit and then double-fry in the same oil carefully, taking good care not to burn them.
- Frying potato wedges in smaller batches at a time gives you more control over getting the fries evenly cooked, and preventing burning.
- After frying transfer potato wedges to a metal colander or basket rather than a plate. This way they remain crispy and all the excess oil drains out.