Quinoa Stir Fry With Shrimp
Quinoa Stir Fry is an easy weeknight dinner of shrimp and quinoa tossed in a wok just like fried rice. Learn how to make shrimp fried rice with quinoa in a few simple steps.
Servings: 2 bowls
- 1 Cup quinoa
- 200 gram shrimps/prawns (cleaned and deveined)
- 2 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon fine chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon fine chopped ginger
- 1 medium-size onion, fine chopped
- 1/4 Cup fine chopped carrot
- 1/4 Cup fine chopped capsicum
- 1/4 Cup fine chopped red bell pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon black pepper or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fine chopped spring onion greens
How To Prepare Quinoa:
In a saucepan, boil 6 cups of water. Add a pinch of salt.
Add quinoa in the boiling water and cook till tender. Stir occasionally and keep checking for doneness.
Once quinoa is cooked as per your liking, transfer to a sieve or colander. Drain water. Fluff quinoa using a fork. Set aside until required.
How To Make Quinoa Stir Fry:
Heat oil in a stir-fry pan.
Add chopped garlic, ginger, and onion. Stir-fry over high heat for a minute or so.
Next, add chopped vegetables and stir-fry for 2 - 3 minutes.
Add the cleaned shrimps, salt, and pepper. Cook till shrimps turn light pink in color.
Add vinegar, soy sauce and stir fry for a second.
Now, add the cooked quinoa. Mix nicely. Taste and adjust seasoning accordingly.
Garnish with chopped spring onion greens.
Serve quinoa stir fry warm.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 589kcal | Carbohydrates: 66g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 252mg | Sodium: 965mg | Potassium: 762mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 3355IU | Vitamin C: 50mg | Calcium: 210mg | Iron: 6mg