Potato and Red Beans Chinese Stir Fry is an easy to make an oriental inspired stir-fried appetizer, the addition of red kidney beans provide a healthy dimension to this dish. During weekdays when house help takes a day off such easy to make appetizing dishes make my quick weeknight meal. This stir-fry is a one pot meal in itself, can be enjoyed as a snack as well, both the ways it is quite fulfilling and fits perfectly well in the criteria of wholesome supper.Once again, another monthly theme of #thekitchendiavs (endeavor to create a collection of recipes of Indian Cuisine in collaboration with a few bloggers who share the same passion for cooking) comes to an end. As a reader of the blog you might have noticed an array of Indian-Chinese recipes one after the other on the blog, it was all a conscious effort to create delectable popular recipes from one of its’s kind cuisines in India – Indo-Chinese, which has made a distinguish place for itself among the food lovers. Here is the last recipe in the series – Potato and Red Beans Chinese Stir Fry.
Potato and Red Beans Chinese Stir Fry
- 4 potatoes boiled firm
- 1/3 cup red kidney beans soaked overnight
- 1 large red chili seeded finely chopped
- 2- 3 cloves of garlic grated
- 3 spring onion whites finely chopped
- 2 tbsp dark soya sauce
- 1 tbsp tomato sauce ketchup
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Juice from one lemon
- To make Potato and Red Beans Chinese Stir Fry Recipe, first boil the potatoes and beans until they are tender and yet firm in a large saucepan. Since we are making a stir fry, potatoes should not be mushy and too soft that it will crumble.
- Potatoes and beans can be boiled in the pressure cooker as well
- Drain the excess water from the beans and potatoes. Peel the skin of boiled potatoes and cut them into big chunks. Keep aside until required.
- In a large wok heat sesame oil over medium-high heat; add in the spring onion whites, the red chili, and stir-fry for about 1 minute. Next add the garlic and saute for a few more seconds.
- Add potato chunks and red beans along with soya sauce, tomato sauce, salt and the pepper.
- Stir-fry for 2 – 3 minutes more until beans and potatoes coated well with sauces and seasoning. Turn off the heat and the Potato and Red Beans Chinese Stir Fry is ready.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds before serving over the stir fry. Drizzle lemon juice and serve hot.