Pineapple Jam is homemade decadence with few basic routine ingredients without any preservatives and artificial sweeteners. It is always hard to bid goodbye to seasonal fruits and to enjoy taste of seasonal fruits for a longer duration fruit jams/preserves are a great method. I am not a pro when it comes to making condiments and the art of preservation, with plentiful of chopped pineapple sitting in the refrigerator for days was bothering me so stirred up this jam with few other ingredients in hand and surprisingly the end result was sweet goodness.
My pineapple cooking mania is at full swing and to my surprise I have created four dishes out of single pineapple – Upside Down Cake, Pineapple Kesari Baath, Jam and Pineapple Cream Cheese Salad. These days we are relishing Pineapple Jam with every possible dish on the table like the other day we topped vanilla caramel ice cream with it, added a spoonful on breakfast Fruit Parfait and also with the Spinach Poori (Indian Deep Fried Bread) but the most cherishing part of this whole pineapple jam experience is that with each dish it is giving a pleasant surprise to our taste buds.
Homemade Pineapple Jam Recipe
Pineapple Jam is homemade decadence with few basic routine ingredients without any preservatives and artificial sweeteners.Print Pin Rate
Servings: 100 gram
- 4 Cup chopped fresh pineapple
- 1 Cup sugar adjust according to the taste of pineapple
- 2 tbsp water
- A pinch of yellow food color
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp pineapple essence
- To make pineapple jam first peel out the skin of fresh pineapple and cut pineapple into equal size small pieces.
- Now transfer the pineapple pieces into a pan, add sugar, water and turn on the heat. Let the sugar and pineapple simmer over low heat till sugar is dissolved and the the pineapple prices are soft. Keep on stirring the mixture while it is simmering to avoid pineapple sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Once pineapple pieces are soft and could be easily mashed with the back of the spoon. Turn off the heat. Add food color, pineapple essence and lemon juice. Stir to evenly combine. Keep jam aside to cool down to room temperature.
- As jam cooled transfer to food processor and puree to either coarse or smooth consistency. I usually pulse it just for few seconds in blender as I love those pineapple tiny bits in between.
- Transfer jam to clean, dry sterilized jar and seal it with tight fitting lid. Store in refrigerator. Homemade Pineapple Jam has shelf life of 2 – 3 months.
Love this? Pin it for Later!Follow @hinagujral on Pinterest!