If you try this recipe and love it, please leave a comment and a rating. This helps us grow and reach many other food lovers like you, who are looking for a perfect tried and tested recipe.
Paneer Pasanda Recipe
Ingredients for the gravy
- ¾ Cup thick curd whisked
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala see recipe here
- Salt as per taste
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- To prepare the Paneer Pasanda, first combine together all the ingredients mentioned under Paste A with water and boil for 10 – 15 minutes. Turn off the heat.
- Let the mixture cool down till it is safe enough to handle, peel the skin of almonds. In the mixer ( buy it here ) grind the ingredients to a smooth paste. Transfer to a bowl and keep aside.
- For making Paste B, heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat and deep fry sliced onions till golden brown in color. Turn off the heat.
- Drain fried onion on an absorbent paper ( buy it here ). Blend to a smooth paste in blender. Keep aside in a bowl.
- To prepare the gravy, heat the oil in a saucepan ( buy it here ) over medium heat, add the Paste A and cook on low flame till oil gets separated from the paste.
- Add the spices, salt, stir well and cook again for few more minutes. Now add the whisked curd and keep on sautéing the masala for few more minutes.
- Now add the onion paste and cook till the oil separates from the gravy.
- Add ½ Cup of water, stir to combine and bring to boil once. Turn the heat to medium and let the gravy simmer till it thickens.Add the paneer cubes and simmer for few minutes for paneer to absorb the flavor of the gravy. Turn off the heat. Garnish Paneer Pasanda with dried kasuri methi.
- Serve Paneer Pasanda hot with Naan ( see recipe here ).