If you try this recipe and love it, please leave a comment and a rating. This helps us grow and reach many other food lovers like you, who are looking for a perfect tried and tested recipe.
Palak (Spinach) Shorba
- 4 bunch of spinach
- 1 medium size onion roughly chopped
- 6 cloves of garlic chopped
- 4 – 5 mint leaves chopped
- Salt as per taste
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1 Cup full cream milk at room temperature
- ½ litre vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp Fortune Rice Bran Oil
- 2 tbsp cream
- 2 tsp roasted cumin
- To make palak ka shorba, first wash spinach leaves in water to remove dust and dirt particles. After washing roughly chop spinach and keep in a bowl until required.
- Half fill large size saucepan with water and heat over high heat. Once water starts boiling add chopped spinach leaves. Blanch them in water for 2 -3 minutes or till leaves turn tender. Turn off the heat and drain spinach leaves in a colander. Set aside.
- Meanwhile heat vegetable stock over medium heat.
- In another saucepan heat Fortune Rice Bran oil in a pan, add chopped onion, garlic and saute over medium heat till onions turn translucent.
- Add blanched spinach leaves with mint leaves and saute till all the moisture evaporates from the spinach leaves.
- Pour in milk, hot vegetable stock stir and let spinach simmer in liquid for 5 – 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes turn off the heat. Let soup cool down to room temperature. Once soup cooled down blend in processor to get smooth soup.
- Before serving soup heat it in a saucepan over medium heat. Adjust seasoning as per taste. Garnish with cream and roasted cumin.
- (To dry roast cumin seeds, heat pan over medium heat and add cumin seeds. Toss till cumin start releasing aroma. Turn off the heat and transfer to a bowl)