Here is the delicious recipe of how to make Nankhatai:
If you try this recipe and love it, please leave a comment and a rating. This helps us grow and reach many other food lovers like you, who are looking for a perfect tried and tested recipe.
- 2 ¼ Cup all purpose flour
- ½ Cup Gram Flour
- 1 Cup granulated white sugar
- 1 Cup Saffola Total Refined Oil
- ¼ Cup Yoghurt at room temperature
- 1 Tsp green cardamom powder
- 1 Tsp baking powder
- 1/4 Cup sliced pistachio and almonds
- Cream saffola total oil and sugar together in a bowl for 3 – 4 minutes at low speed with hand blender ( buy it here ).
- Add the yogurt and beat again at low speed for 2 – 3 minutes. Rest the mixture for 5 – 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile sift flour, gram flour and baking powder together in a bowl. Mix in cardamom powder as well.
- Mix the sifted flour to the wet ingredients ⅓ at a time, once all of the flour is added try to form a dough with your fingers. Do not knead it just bind it together like shortcrust pastry.
- Transfer the dough to a clean bowl and let it rest for half an hour.
- Divide the dough into thirty small balls and slightly flatten each ball with fingers.
- If you want sliced almond or pistachio can be put on top of each ball.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or you can check after 20 minutes.
- Let Nankhatai cool on a wire rack ( buy it here ) before transferring to container.
- Serve Nankhatai with a cup of tea or milk.