If you try this recipe and love it, please leave a comment and a rating. This helps us grow and reach many other food lovers like you, who are looking for a perfect tried and tested recipe.
Methi Brown Rice Pulao
- 2 bunch fenugreek leaves roughly chopped
- 1 Cup brown basmati rice
- 1 large onion sliced
- 1 tbsp ginger – garlic paste
- 5 – 6 mint leaves roughly chopped
- 2 green chilies sliced
- ⅓ Cup curd whisked
- Salt as per taste
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp red chili powder
- 1 star anise
- 2 green cardamom pods crushed
- 1 tsp Garam Masala see recipe here
- 5 – 6 cashew sliced
- 4 tbsp Fortune Rice Bran Oil
- To make methi brown rice pulao, first clean and wash brown rice in water. Soak rice in enough water for 15 minutes. Keep aside until required.
- In a heavy bottom saucepan heat Fortune Rice Bran oil over medium heat. Add sliced cashews and fry until light golden on both sides. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- In the same pan add star anise and crushed cardamom pods, fry till you can smell aroma of whole spices. Now add sliced onion, fry over low heat till onion turn golden in color.
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry for 5 minutes over low heat. Then add chopped mint leaves, green chili and fenugreek leaves. Stir and saute over low heat for 5 minutes, till fenugreek leaves softened.
- Now add soaked brown rice and saute for few minutes till rice grain turn translucent. Add spices, whisked curd and saute for 2 – 3 minutes. Fill saucepan with enough water to cook rice. In my case I used 2 Cups of water but amount of water depends upon the variety of rice you are using. Brown Rice takes little longer to cook than usual rice and is little bit chewy in texture.
- Once water is added let rice cook over low heat till all the water has evaporated. Cover the pan with tight fitting lid and let rice cook in steam for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes turn off the heat and let rice sit in the saucepan for 10 more minutes.
- Remove the lid and fluff the rice with spoon. Mix fried cashew slices in the cooked pulao.
- Serve Methi Brown Rice Pulao hot with curd or raita.