From last few weeks “he” is craving for brownies and I am trying my best to make him forget about his cravings because I am not very keen on baking something with too much butter especially when we both are trying to shed down few kilos. But then I found out his chocolate craving has made him snack on chocolate bars all round the day so I had no choice but to bake brownies.
Low Fat Plum Brownies Recipe
- 1/2 Cup all purpose flour maida
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/3 Cup plum puree see recipe here
- ¼ Cup cranberries
- 2 egg whites
- ¼ Cup skimmed milk
- ⅓ Cup castor sugar
- 1 ½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp chocolate essence
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- Plum puree
- Chocolate ganache
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder together in a bowl. Stir in the sugar and chopped cranberries.
- In another bowl beat egg whites, milk, oil, vanilla, chocolate essence, plum puree.
- Pour the liquid into the dry ingredients and mix until combined well.
- Preheat the oven at 180-degree celsius. Line an 8-inch square cake tin with parchment paper.
- Pour the brownie batter into the prepared tin.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the toothpick inserted comes out with little crumbs.
- Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack.
- Cut into squares and serve with a drizzle of chocolate ganache and plum puree.