If you try this recipe and love it, please leave a comment and a rating. This helps us grow and reach many other food lovers like you, who are looking for a perfect tried and tested recipe.
Chicken Stroganoff with Spaghetti
- 200 gram spaghetti
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 small-size onion chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic chopped
- 5 - 6 white button mushrooms sliced
- 200 gram skinless boneless chicken, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- 1/2 tsp fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup boiled pasta water
- 1/2 cup cream
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook as the label directs, then drain.
- Reserve a cup of boiled pasta water. Toss spaghetti in a tablespoon of olive oil and set aside.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic, onion and cook until slightly soft, about 2 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring, until they begin to brown, about 2 minutes.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon butter, flour and chili flakes. Cook, stirring for a minute.
- Now add the chicken, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until the chicken browns, about 3 - 5 minutes.
- Add the reserved pasta water, thyme and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Stir in the cream. Continue simmering gently until the chicken is cooked through.
- To serve, divide the spaghetti among plates. Top with the chicken stroganoff and white sauce.
- Serve Chicken Stroganoff with Spaghetti warm garnished with grated cheese.