Today morning I woke up and had this strong feeling against cooking an elaborate breakfast. Around 9 O’ clock, the hunger pang reminded me of the breakfast. For 5 minutes I was standing in front of the fridge with doors open thinking what can be the best option for the quick and healthy breakfast. Meanwhile, the pug was enjoying the cool breeze coming out of the fridge. I saw one kiwi fruit and some strawberries, the idea of Kiwi Strawberry Smoothie Recipe struck me, no cooking just blending and you are energized for the day. Kiwifruit is native to southern China where it has been declared a National Fruit of China. Last summer when I visited Hong Kong I tasted one of the best kiwis in my life, so fresh, so sweet with a slight taste of tanginess. In India, kiwis are now readily available in most of the supermarkets even small fruit vendors has kiwis for sale. Try pick kiwifruits that are unblemished and firm but not rock hard. The flesh should yield to gentle pressure, similar to that of a ripe peach. Avoid those that are shriveled, moldy or have soft spots. If kiwifruit is stored in a zip lock plastic bag in the fridge it can last up to 15 days.
- 2 kiwi fruit peeled and chopped
- 1 Cup strawberry hulled and chopped
- 1 Cup milk at room temperature
- 1/4 Cup breakfast oats
- 1/4 Cup yogurt
- Honey to taste
- Ice cubes optional
- Whiz the chopped kiwi fruit with the half of milk, yogurt, oats and ice-cubes.
- Blend until smooth. Pour into the serving glasses.
- Make sure not to completely fill the glasses with the kiwi smoothie.
- Next clean the blender and whiz the strawberries with the remaining milk, yogurt and oats.
- Pour the strawberry smoothie over the kiwi smoothie.
- Sweeten with honey if you prefer. Serve immediately topped with chopped strawberries.
- Alternatively, you can blend all the ingredients together and serve.