For more such fun recipes in your life, follow along on Facebook, Instagram, or subscribe to our Youtube Channel.
If you try this recipe and love it, please leave a comment and a rating. This helps us grow and reach many other food lovers like you, who are looking for a perfect tried and tested recipe.
Instant Rava Dosa
- 1 Cup semolina/sooji/rava
- 1 Cup rice flour
- 1/2 Cup all purpose flour maida
- Salt to taste
- 2 teaspoon whole black peppercorns crushed
- 1 sprig of Curry leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves
- Water to make the batter
- Oil/Ghee to cook the dosa
- Combine maida, rice flour, rava, salt in a bowl.
- Add water and make a very thin batter. The consistency of the batter should be like buttermilk.
- Add black pepper, curry leaves and coriander leaves. Mix nicely and set batter aside.
- It is best to rest the batter for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Heat a non stick dosa pan over high heat.
- Pour one or two ladleful of batter on the pan so that it forms like a web with big holes.
- Do not spread the batter like regular dosa. Simply pour it over the pan.
- Drizzle a teaspoon or so of ghee/oil on the sides of the dosa. Do not flip the dosa.
- Let the dosa turn crisp and golden from one side. Once done, it's edges would leave the pan.
- Flip the dosa and cook fro 1 - 2 minute from the other side.
- Fold and serve instant rava dosa immediately.