Rachel Allen is one of those few celebrity chefs who made me fall in love with the idea of cooking and how glamorous working in the kitchen can be. I have grown up watching her baking shows and I adored each one of them, but that time I never even thought that one day I’ll be trying her recipes and sharing it with many other people. Fast Cinnamon and Yogurt Cake is inspired by one of her recipes.
The yogurt in the Fast Cinnamon Yoghurt Cake gives it a gentle tang and ensure it is wonderfully light. The sweetness comes mostly from honey and is made with vegetable oil, this cake has a deliciously soft crumb. The flaked almonds give a nice crunch to the topping but if you are not an almond lover than either you can totally skip the topping part or instead of almond topping any crumble topping would also go well.
Fast Cinnamon Yoghurt Cake with Almond Flakes Recipe is an easy one to follow, with no particular level of skill or experience required, it just a two bowl cake, where idea is to mix wet ingredients into dry and voila! Cake batter is ready and the batter turns into a moist and soft cake, beautifully risen, golden and with mouth-watering aroma filling the kitchen. In the summer I avoid cakes covered with cream frostings or heavy ganache, I rather prefer simple delicate cakes which I can enjoy during any hour of the day and also shelf life of cream frosted cakes is very less especially in hot weather.
Fast Cinnamon Yoghurt Cake with Almond Flakes
Fast Cinnamon Yoghurt Cake with Almond FlakesPrint Pin Rate
- 1 Cup 225g all purpose flour
- 75 g ground almonds
- 100 g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbsp 50g honey
- 250 g plain yoghurt
- 150 ml neutral flavored vegetable oil
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
For the topping
- 100 g flaked almonds
- Icing sugar for dusting
- Sift flour, baking powder, cinnamon in a bowl. Mix in sugar and almond powder.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, honey, yoghurt and vegetable oil.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ones and fold gently until all moistened and combined well.
- Preheat the oven at 180 degree centigrade. Grease 23cm (9 inch) round cake tin with butter and line the base with parchment paper.
- Pour the batter into the prepared tin and sprinkle almond flakes on top.
- Bake the cake for 35 minutes or until skewer inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack before serving. Before serving dust icing sugar over the cake.
Adapted from Rachel Allen’s ‘Cake’
Love this? Pin it for Later!Follow @hinagujral on Pinterest!