A year ago “he” suggested me to join the bartending course in Bangalore. As in one of his recent visits to Singapore, he was very much fascinated by the idea of woman mixologist. Back home he tried his best to motivate me actually pestered me to go for it but I immediately rejected the idea, I had my obvious reasons. I was scared to explore untapped opportunities and also my risk taking appetite is limited so couldn’t convince myself enough to take it as a career.
Cucumber Lemongrass Lemonade Recipe
- 1 medium cucumber peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 stalk lemongrass bottom part only, roughly chopped
- 6 – 8 fresh basil leaves
- ½ Cup lime juice
- ⅓ Cup sugar syrup
- Salt as per taste
- Sparkling Himalayan Water chilled
- Ice cubes
- Cucumber slices and basil leaves for garnish
- Lemongrass sticks as natural cocktail stirrers
- Combine cucumber chunks, chopped lemongrass and sugar syrup in a blender. Blend until smooth puree is formed.
- Strain through a fine mesh strainer into a pitcher. Discard solids.
- In the pitcher add lime juice, salt and cucumber puree. Whisk to combine.
- Fill in serving glasses with ice cubes, drop in few basil leaves in each glass. Equally divide the liquid mixture among 4 serving glasses.
- Top each glass with chilled Sparkling Himalayan Water.
- Garnish with cucumber slices and basil leaves. Serve Cucumber and Lemongrass Lemonade chilled.