“….another winter has come, your head and hands go numb, looking forward to the frost and snow, nights spent near the fire watching the embers glow, the cat snuggled in tight curl a nice mug of warm chocolate thaws out my nose and brings life back to my toes, as I climb the wooden hill I think of all the nice things I like about this time of year.” – Winter Again by Steve Katz.
Holiday Season already started and so is the spine-chilling winter breeze as the sun set down I become a couch potato and every evening I am in desperate need of a hot steaming bowl of soup to warm up my body for the night and what can be more comforting than a warm Creamy Garlic Soup. This is family’s favorite recipe because we all are garlic lovers and who doesn’t like Garlic, except Vampires. By cutting out the heavy cream that is traditionally in this recipe, and replacing it with light cream, I tried to reduce the fat content in this soup and also make it taste lighter and less creamy so that it does not sit in your tummy and stops you from having a good night sleep.
Unlike French Onion Soup onions and garlic need not be browned for this recipe, therefore I consider it a great quick weeknight soup also. Meanwhile, you are preparing for the main course the soup is ready and then the whole family can sit around the fire after a long day of hard work, enjoy soup and share a comforting word or two with each other. If you prefer to serve the soup along with oven roasted bread croutons or a spoonful of roasted garlic pods.
For more such fun recipes in your life, follow along on Facebook, Instagram, or subscribe to our Youtube Channel.
Cream of Garlic Soup Recipe
Cream of Garlic Soup Recipe is delicious soup perfect for the autumn season.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 16 cloves garlic roughly chopped
- 4 onion sliced
- 6 ¾ cup chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 1 cup light cream
- Salt and black pepper as per taste
- Heat oil in a saucepan add garlic and onion and cook until soft but not brown, for about 10 minutes over medium flame.
- Add cream and stock to the onion and garlic, stir and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until reduced by half, about 30 minutes.
- Once the soup is reduced, purée in a blender and strain; season with salt and pepper.
- Serve Cream of Garlic Soup warm with oven roasted bread croutons and a drizzle of olive oil.