These blueberry crumble bars are the best breakfast cum dessert cum snack. They are perfectly crumbly and filled with the juiciness of the blueberries. Needless, to say whosoever eat these crumble bars just love them to the core. Everything about these screams sweet and delicious bar size sweet treat. And they could be after-school-snack for your kids. For me crumble bars are the best breakfast snacks with a cup of coffee.
You can make these crumble bars with any seasonal berries available – strawberries, blackberries, raspberries and so on. Any juicy, pulpy fruit is a great fit to make these crumble bars. My personal favorite is the ones prepared with the strawberries. Maybe, I should share the recipe soon.
The thing I like most about the crumble bars is they can be enjoyed during any hour of the day. All you need is a cup of your favorite coffee on the side to sip in between the crumbly bites of the bar. Sometimes I wonder if, as a grown-up, it is absolutely fine to crave for sweet treats like crumble bars and cookies and muffins? I hope as an adult once in a while it is permissible to snack on sweet treats and feel the unadulterated satisfaction they bring to the taste buds.
These blueberry crumble bars are so delicious and addictive that it is super hard to resist the temptation of not baking them again and again. In the past one month, I have already made three batches of the crumble bars. First time for the recipe trial, the second time for another trial and the third time for the blog. And I must confess the blueberry crumble bars came out each time perfectly flaky and moist from the oven. This is my third batch of gorgeous blueberry crumble bars and I am already looking forward to another batch soon.
For more such fun recipes in your life, follow along on Facebook, Instagram, or subscribe to our Youtube Channel.
Blueberry Crumble Bars Recipe
These blueberry crumble bars are the best breakfast cum dessert cum snack.Print Pin Rate
Servings: 8 bars
Ingredients For the Blueberry Layer
- 2 cups fresh/frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup granulated white sugar
Ingredients For the Crumble layer
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour maida
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter cold
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Line an 8x8 inch square baking pan with aluminium foil leaving an overhang on each side and grease with butter.
- To prepare the blueberry filling, combine the sugar, water, blueberries, and lemon zest in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat. Simmer for 5-10 minutes or until the sugar is melted and blueberries are starting to burst. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl whisk together the flour, granulated sugar and baking powder.
- Add the cold butter and the egg yolk. Mix using your fingers until the mixture is crumbly and
- resembles wet sand.
- Press about two thirds to three quarters of the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Press it gently with the pressure of your hand. Pour the blueberry mixture over top.
- To the remaining flour mixture, add the brown sugar and mix.
- Crumble the remaining dough mixture using your fingers.
- Sprinkle it over the blueberry filling layer. It should nicely cover the blueberry layer.
- Bake in the oven for about 45 minutes, until you see the blueberries bubbling and the crumble
- layer starting to turn golden.
- Allow it to cool down to room temperature. Cut the crumble bars into squares.
- You can enjoy them immediately or store at room temperature in an airtight box.
Serving: 1bar | Calories: 304kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 62mg | Sodium: 5mg | Potassium: 75mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 24g | Vitamin A: 490IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 23mg | Iron: 1mg
Love this? Pin it for Later!Follow @hinagujral on Pinterest!