Veg Spring Roll Recipe
These Veg Spring Roll stuffed with the Indo-Chinese flavors are so good I recommend making a double batch because they will go fast! They are popular across Indian sub-continent with different names – Chinese Spring Roll, Veg Spring Roll or only Spring Roll. All these names refer to only one goodness – deep-fried spring rolls packed with an Indo-Chinese filling of noodles or chicken. These spring rolls are ridiculously delicious and totally irresistible. You just can’t stop at a single piece. And they are super easy to make – you just prepare the stuffing, then roll it up in the wrappers, and later deep-fry. They are always a star party appetizer at my place, no second thoughts about it.
Want to know the secret behind my popular Veg Spring Roll? It is the light and super easy vermicelli stuffing. I never use the regular Hakka noodles to prepare the stuffing. It is the regular Indian vermicelli (the Bambino one) that does the magic for my spring rolls. The stuffing prepared with vermicelli is easy and does not make spring roll too much loaded. With a homemade Thai Sweet Chili Sauce on the side to dip the spring rolls, I am always poised about this party snack.
Perfect Indo-Chinese Party Menu:
- I have used vermicelli to prepared the spring roll filling. You can use Hakka Noodles/Chicken/Vegetables to make the filling.
- I have used a 5 inch (125mmx125mm) square spring roll pastry sheet for the purpose. You can use a larger dimension sheet as well and later cut it into two equal halves. ‘TYJ Spring Roll Pastry’ is the brand name of the pastry sheet I have used to make the spring rolls.
- These pastry sheets can be stored in the refrigerator for 2 – 3 months in a ziplock bag.
- Allow the vermicelli mixture to cool down completely before stuffing in the spring roll.
- Always cover the pastry sheets and the shaped spring rolls with a clean, moist muslin/cheese cloth. As they get dry very quickly.
- Deep-fry the spring rolls in small batches over medium heat for a nice golden crust.
- Last, but not the least, homemade Thai Sweet Chili Sauce for dipping provides a lot of flavor to the spring roll. Else, you can serve spring roll with store bought Schezwan sauce.
For more such fun recipes in your life, follow along on Facebook, Instagram, or subscribe to our Youtube Channel.
How to make Veg Spring Roll with Vermicelli:
Veg Spring Roll Recipe
- 10 Spring Roll Pastry Sheets ( buy it here )
- 1 Cup vermicelli (seviyan)
- 1 medium-size onion sliced
- 1 small-size carrot cut into thin strips
- 1 small-size capsicum cut into thin strips
- 1 green chili sliced
- 1/4 Cup cabbage shredded (optional)
- 2 - 3 stalks of spring onion green chopped
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp red chili sauce
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- Other ingredients;
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- 1 tbsp water
- Oil to deep-fry the spring roll
- To prepare the stuffing boil the vermicelli until just cooked.
- Drain in a colander and rinse with the cold water.
- Drizzle a teaspoon of oil over vermicelli and mix nicely. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan.
- Add the onion, green chili and sauté on a high flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the capsicum and sauté on a high flame for a minute.
- Add the carrot, cabbage (if using) and cook till vegetables soften a bit. Keep stirring.
- Add the vinegar and stir the vegetables.
- Next add the salt, pepper and remaining sauces. Mix well. Turn off the heat.
- Add the boiled vermicelli and spring onion greens. Mix and set aside to cool.
- Combine corn flour and water to make a thick paste. Set aside.
- To make the spring roll take 8 - 10 sheets of spring roll pastry.
- Place the pastry sheet on a clean, dry surface and place a portion of the filing mixture in one corner of the wrapper. Roll over the wrapper till ¾.
- Fold over from both the sides one by one towards the centre.
- Finally roll it completely and seal the edge using a dab of corn flour mixture.
- Place the prepared spring roll in a plate and cover the plate with a clean, moist muslin cloth.
- Similarly, prepare all the spring rolls.
- Heat the oil in a deep non- stick pan.
- Deep-fry the spring rolls on a medium flame, till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides.
- Drain in an oil absorbent paper.
- Serve Veg Spring Roll immediately with Thai Sweet Chili Sauce ( see recipe ).
- Recommended Equipment: Deep-Fry Pan ( buy it here )
Fun FOOD and Frolic http://www.funfoodfrolic.com/
Leave a Comment
Subscribe to our newsletter!!
Sign Up To Have New Recipes Delivered Straight To Your Inbox (For Free)!