Bottom line, if you love marinara sauce, I can’t recommend making a homemade batch enough. It is comforting from the start to the delicious finish. And you can rest easy as well knowing exactly what goes into this, versus some of the mystery, unhealthy ingredients on labels at the store.
Thai Sweet Chili Sauce is super simple to make at home. All you have to do is throw all of the ingredients into a blender. Pulse. Bring the mixture to a simmer over medium-high heat until it thickens. Allow cooling and then store in the fridge. Next time you are planning some chicken popcorn or Thai satay, simply bring out the bottle of homemade Thai sweet chili sauce and serve as a dipping sauce.
Thanks for reading! For more such fun recipes in your life, follow along on Facebook, Instagram, or subscribe to our Youtube Channel.
- 10 dry red chili broken into halves
- 10 cloves of garlic
- 3/4 Cup water
- 1/2 Cup white vinegar
- 1/3 Cup sugar
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- Boil water in a saucepan. Turn off the heat.
- Now add the red chilies in the hot water.
- Cover the saucepan with a lid and let the chilies soak for 10 minutes or so.
- Blend soaked dry chili along with the water, sugar, garlic, salt, vinegar to a puree.
- Now pour the sauce in a pan and bring it to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and let it simmer so that the flavours will infuse together.
- Now mix cornflour with a tablespoon or so of water. Pour this over the sauce and mix well.
- The sauce will start thickening. Turn off the heat and let it cool down completely before storing.
- Store Thai Sweet Chili Sauce in a dry airtight glass jar in fridge.
- Serve this as a dipping sauce with any chinese snack or momos.