Thai Stir Fried Vegetable Recipe
Thai Stir fried Vegetable Recipe is a quick mixed vegetable stir fry in the thai red curry spices, healthy to eat. Perfect for busy weeknight dinner. Stir Frying is a Chinese technique to cook food in wok on high flame, it induces smoky flavor in food and prevents food from getting over cooked. Stir fried dishes has a crunch in them and too much oil is not used to achieve that crunchiness. Whenever I have baskets full of different colorful vegetables Thai Stir Fried Vegetable is the first thing in my menu because for me it is a perfect way to eat loads of vegetables and it compliments most of the curry dishes so well that I can’t resist the temptation of making it.
I love my stir fry full of colors, vegetables and meat, while making stir fry you can play around with ingredients and very few dishes gives this leverage, every time I make stir fry the combination of ingredients is all together different, you can add chicken, bacon, prawns or zucchini, bell peppers, in short whatever you like but remember the thumb rule do not add pulpy or squashy vegetables. My family is a die heart fan of Asian food so most of the days my kitchen is full of smoky aroma and my little one Momo keeps on sneezing around, so he finally gets his peace in terrace among his green friends. The same day I made Chinese Chicken Salad as well and we ate trucks of vegetables in both the dishes and at last husband made the statement, “what a veggie friday.”
Thai Stir Fry Vegetable Recipe
Thai Stir fried Vegetable Recipe is a quick mixed vegetable stir fry in the thai red curry spices, healthy to eat. Perfect for busy weeknight dinner.
- 1 medium size onion cut into cubes
- 1 zucchini cut into wedges
- 1 red bell pepper cut into cubes
- 1 yellow bell pepper cut into cubes
- 4 - 5 baby corn cut into half inch size pieces
- 2 - 3 garlic cloves fine chopped
- 2 tbsp red thai curry paste (see recipe here)
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp brown sugar (buy it here)
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar (buy it here)
- 2 - 3 tbsp of spring onion greens fine chopped
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- To prepare Thai Stir Fry Vegetable, heat sesame oil in a wok (buy it here) over medium high heat. Add chopped garlic and stir fry in circular motion for few seconds.
- Next add the that red curry paste (see recipe here) and stir fry for 5 minutes or so. Now glaze the wok with vinegar, stir continuously, there will be lot of smoke generation from the wok. This adds to the flavor of the stir fry vegetables.
- Add onion to the wok and stir fry for few seconds over high heat. Once onion turn soft, add the remaining vegetables and stir fry.
- Sprinkle brown sugar and stir to combine. Season vegetables with salt to taste.
- Adjust the consistency of the stir fry vegetables by using little water or coconut milk. I usually add 1/4 Cup of water and let the vegetables cook over high heat for 5 - 10 minutes. But if you prefer dry stir fry vegetable skip this step.
- Sprinkle chopped spring onion greens and sesame seeds over the Thai Stir Fry Vegetable.
- Serve Thai Stir Fry Vegetable with fried rice or on its own for a wholesome meal.
- Equipment Used: Chinese Wok (buy it here)
- You can also use readymade Thai Red Curry Paste (buy it here)
Fun FOOD and Frolic http://www.funfoodfrolic.com/
Leave a Comment
Subscribe to our newsletter!!
Sign Up To Have New Recipes Delivered Straight To Your Inbox (For Free)!