Tandoori Gobi Tikka makes a delicious and healthy snack to accompany drinks or the evening cup of tea. You can enjoy it during any hour of the day and still not get bored of it. Tandoori Gobi is utterly simple to make, requires minimal preparation and tastes super tasty. It is one of the best ways to stuff yourself with the goodness of cauliflower without indulging in too many calories.
Best Cauliflower Recipes On My Blog:
I love cauliflower. It is such a versatile vegetable that can be turned into a fulfilling dish. But after trying this tandoori gobi recipe I have fallen in love with this humble vegetable once again. You can call these flavor bites of cauliflower either gobi tikka, roasted cauliflower or tandoori gobi. Whatever be the name they taste lip-smacking delicious.
Did I tell you that Tandoori Gobi Tikka is a healthy, low in calories, and a gluten-free snack? How cool is that! And would it encourage you more to try this recipe if I tell you it can be marinated a day before and stored in the fridge? So tandoori gobi tikka can easily be included in your weekly meal prep. Hope now I have given you enough good reasons to bookmark this tandoori gobi tikka recipe.
Three Ways To Cook Tandoori Gobi Tikka
1) Heat a grill pan over medium flame. Grease it with a teaspoon of mustard oil. And once the pan is hot enough, arrange the marinated cauliflower florets in the pre-heated grill pan. Cook them evenly from both the sides till they turn crisp. This usually takes 5 – 10 minutes.
2) Prepare an outdoor barbecue with the charcoal. Set the grill. Arrange the marinated cauliflower florets in the greased skewers. And roast them in the barbecue till slightly charred and evenly cooked. This usually takes 10 – 15 minutes. Keep brushing them with mustard oil while roasting.
3) You can grill the marinated cauliflower florets in the oven as well. Follow the grilling instructions mentioned in the manual of your oven. Tandoori Gobi can be baked also. In the recipe below, I have shared detailed instructions on how to bake the cauliflower florets. On a routine basis, I prefer baking them.
For more such fun recipes in your life, follow along on Facebook, Instagram, or subscribe to our Youtube Channel.
- 1 kg cauliflower gobi cut into florets
- 1 Cup yogurt dahi
- 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon tandoori masala optional
- 1/2 teaspoon Garam Masala see recipe
- 1/2 teaspoon Kashmiri red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon roasted cumin powder jeera powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mango powder amchur
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon Chaat masala
- 2 tablespoon mustard oil
- Clean, wash and cut the cauliflower into bite size florets. Not very small.
- Boil enough water in a deep pan with a pinch of salt.
- Add the cauliflower florets in the boiling water and cook for 5 minutes. Turn off the heat.
- Drain the water and transfer the florets to a metal colander. Allow them to cool.
- In a bowl combine all the ingredients for the marinade. Whisk nicely to combine.
- Add the cauliflower florets into the marinade. Mix nicely to coat evenly with the marinade.
- Marinade the cauliflower for minimum 1 hour and maximum overnight.
- Now to grill the cauliflower florets you can use a grill pan/bbq or oven.
- You can bake it as well. Preheat oven at 180 degree Celsius.
- Grease a baking tray with a teaspoon of oil.
- Arrange the gobi tikka on the greased tray. Bake for 20 - 25 minutes or till they turn brown and crisp.
- Serve Tandoori Gobi Tikka with Green Chutney ( see recipe ).
To get a smokey flavor in the tandoori gobi tikka. Arrange the marinated tikka on a round plate. Heat a piece of charcoal over the gas flame. Put it in a bowl. Place the bowl in the centre of the plate with the tikka. Pour a teaspoon of oil over the heated charcoal. And immediately cover the plate with a lid or another plate. Allow the tikka to sit that way for 5 minutes and then grill.