Rajma and Dalia Tikki Sandwich get substance from the vegetarian patty and fresh vegetables and gooey love from the mint mayonnaise. Learn how to make red kidney beans patty sandwiches in few simple steps.
- 12 bread slices
- 2 tbsp mint mayonnaise
- Sliced cucumber and onion
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- If you have leftover rajma, collect the beans from the curry in a separate bowl.
- Pressure cook the broken wheat in 1 Cup of water for 1 whistle over medium heat. Allow the cooked dalia to cool down completely.
- Once the dalia cool down, combine all the ingredients to make the tikki except oil.
- Mix well using spatula or your fingers. If the mixture seems wet and sticky add a tablespoon or so of gram flour or oats powder. Mash it nicely.
- Take a small portion of the mixture and shape it into a ball. Press gently with your fingers to make a flat 1/2 – 3/4 inch thick tikki. Similarly, shape the remaining tikki.
- While you preheat the oil for frying the tikki, keep them in the fridge.
- Heat oil in a frying pan. In small batches, shallow fry the tikki till crisp and golden from both the sides. Do not flip the tikki more than once or twice while frying. usually, medium-high heat is the right temperature to shallow-fry the tikki.
- Transfer tikki in a plate lined with paper towel and set aside.
- To assemble the sandwich, place tikki over a slice of the bread.
- Top it with cucumber and onion slices, add a spoonful of mint mayonnaise and tomato ketchup.
- Cover the sandwich with another slice of the bread. Gently press and grill for 1 - 2 minutes on a sandwich maker. You can enjoy this sandwich without grilling as well.
To make mint mayonnaise at home combine 4 tbsp of plain mayonnaise with 2 tsp of green chutney. Mix nicely, taste and adjust the seasoning accordingly.