Anyone can make a sandwich but it is no fun. At times, all you need is this delicious, loaded with protein Open-faced Sandwich to start a busy day ahead. The open-faced sandwich is the refreshing twist to the classic egg sandwich. We have added spinach, corns and of course cheese to make it even more interesting and tasty. After all, who need a boring sandwich to start their day. The components of this open-faced sandwich might look complex, but they are too simple to pull together. And the end result is a revelation. You might not like to miss this goodness!!
I debated quite a bit about what to call these delicious breakfast nibbles. Bruschetta? Breakfast Pizza? I settled on Open-Faced Sandwich. Whatever we call them, these are lovely open-faced sandwiches, piled high with fresh toppings, full of protein and equally appropriate for the first meal in the morning. I am sure you are going to love them, especially if you love the egg in your sandwich stuffing, just like me. A little runny yolk or a half fry egg would also do great in the sandwich.
We do a lot of variety of sandwich for the lunchbox and the breakfast. Reason? Personally, I find sandwiches quite a fulfilling meal. There is a lot of creative freedom to tweak the stuffing as per your liking. Like in these open-faced sandwiches, feel free to add fried bacon or the shredded chicken or any other green of your choice. Make it the way you like it!! Serve them up with a generous slathering of tomato ketchup and mustard sauce. Ohh, and don’t forget to have a cup of coffee along with it.
How to make an open-faced sandwich in 30 minutes:
- 2 burger buns
- 2 boiled eggs
- 4 cheese slices
- 1 tomato thinly sliced
- half a bunch of spinach fine chopped
- 1 tbsp sweet corn kernels
- 1 tablespoon black olives sliced
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Start with sautéing the spinach in a tablespoon of olive oil.
- As soon the spinach turn soft, transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Preheat the oven at 180 degree celsius.
- To assemble the sandwich, cut the buns into two equal halves horizontally.
- Place the cheese slice on each half.
- Arrange the sliced boiled eggs, tomato slices and a teaspoon of sautéed spinach.
- Sprinkle sweet corn, olives and seasoning. Drizzle olive oil.
- Bake in the oven for 10 - 15 minutes or till the cheese melts and the bun turns bit crispy.
- Serve Open-Faced Sandwich warm with ketchup on the side.