Paneer Pasanda Recipe as the name suggests is a delicious Paneer delicacy adored by everyone who tastes it. The different pastes that are used to make the Paneer Pasanda gravy add their own distinct flavors which combine together to create a finger licking good curry.
The original recipe suggests to make round shaped tikki using grated paneer, flour and bread crumbs but I skipped that step and used plain paneer cubes instead of fritters. The fresh paneer bought from the BigBasket.com has a smooth mouth melting texture. With the simple seasoning of salt and pepper, these paneer cubes are a great appetizer in itself. To know more about the plus points of online grocery shopping at BigBasket.com, read here
While I started preparation for making Paneer Pasanda, the initial plan was to sincerely stick to the recipe but the change of mind happened post tasting the paneer. The fine texture and creamy taste of the paneer convinced me to let it simmer in the flavorsome gravy. We served Paneer Pasanda with tandoor baked Naan. It was kind of a perfect flatbread to dunk into the scrumptious gravy and sandwich a piece of cottage cheese in between its crisp layers.
For more such fun recipes in your life, follow along on Facebook, Instagram, or subscribe to our Youtube Channel.
Paneer Pasanda Recipe
Paneer Pasanda Recipe as the name suggests is a delicious Paneer delicacy adored by everyone who tastes it.
Ingredients for the gravy
- ¾ Cup thick curd, whisked
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala ( see recipe here )
- Salt, as per taste
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- To prepare the Paneer Pasanda, first combine together all the ingredients mentioned under Paste A with water and boil for 10 – 15 minutes. Turn off the heat.
- Let the mixture cool down till it is safe enough to handle, peel the skin of almonds. In the mixer ( buy it here ) grind the ingredients to a smooth paste. Transfer to a bowl and keep aside.
- For making Paste B, heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat and deep fry sliced onions till golden brown in color. Turn off the heat.
- Drain fried onion on an absorbent paper ( buy it here ). Blend to a smooth paste in blender. Keep aside in a bowl.
- To prepare the gravy, heat the oil in a saucepan ( buy it here ) over medium heat, add the Paste A and cook on low flame till oil gets separated from the paste.
- Add the spices, salt, stir well and cook again for few more minutes. Now add the whisked curd and keep on sautéing the masala for few more minutes.
- Now add the onion paste and cook till the oil separates from the gravy.
- Add ½ Cup of water, stir to combine and bring to boil once. Turn the heat to medium and let the gravy simmer till it thickens.Add the paneer cubes and simmer for few minutes for paneer to absorb the flavor of the gravy. Turn off the heat. Garnish Paneer Pasanda with dried kasuri methi.
- Serve Paneer Pasanda hot with Naan ( see recipe here ).
Fun FOOD and Frolic http://www.funfoodfrolic.com/